We have supported the design, build and launch of hundreds of products across multiple wealth management organisations
Successful product development requires a deep understanding of the firm’s strategy and operations, technical product expertise, excellent project management skills, a sound understanding of risk management, laser-focus on client outcomes and robust product governance to be in place.
Product governance itself, extends beyond developing policy, process and frameworks. How these are embedded into the organisation and integrated with the existing risk management framework are key determinants of success. When implemented correctly, it will optimise stakeholder collaboration and the building of products and services that are profitable and within the firm’s risk appetite.
In short, done right, strong product development and governance are a huge source of commercial advantage.
Opus Una will work with you to ensure:
- The ‘voice of the client’ is incorporated into your process
- Policy, process and frameworks are in-line with best practice and embedded in the organisation
- A post-implementation review process is in place to ensure that there is continuous review to ensure products and services are operating efficiently and achieving their business case
- ‘Demand read’ and competitor analysis are thorough, product value and viability are given due consideration before the organisation is ‘over-committed’ and that the product or service is consistent with the overall business strategy
- All stakeholders are identified and appropriately engaged
- The limitations of your organisations infrastructure are taken into account
- All product risks and regulatory requirements are identified, understood and mitigated in line with the organisation’s risk appetite
- Speed to market
- We are experts in developing, optimising and operating product governance for some of the largest participants in the wealth management ecosystem
- We have designed, built and risk managed products across all asset classes and for multi-jurisdictional distribution
- Where there has been a regulatory/audit challenge we have supported clients with response
- While most of us have worked in big consultancies, we are not career consultants. We have all had senior roles in banking and understand the art of the possible
- Therefore, we are experienced in managing consultants and line resources alike and skilled in managing combined teams
- We don’t expect our clients to pay while our resources learn on the job. We hit the ground running, get the job done and leave
- You pay for our experience and subject matter expertise and that is what we deploy. Where highly specific supplemental expertise is required we can supply this on a fractional basis
- In everything we do, we aim to get our clients to the point of self-sufficiency as quickly as possible